uv mapping bug? (solved)

3571   6   1
42 posts
Hi all. As you can see in the image, the uv is good and fine but the texture is having problem. Anyone know what caused to this problem? or is it a bug?

I attached the hip file. Please help me
Edited by ruudygh - 2017年2月9日 21:41:41

Attachments:
uvmapping.hip (359.7 KB)
uvmapping.JPG (220.8 KB)

2558 posts
Try promoting your UV parameter from the Vertex context to the Point context for shading.

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (88.9 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
42 posts
Enivob
Try promoting your UV parameter from the Vertex context to the Point context for shading.

Thanks. But i found out the problem source. It is the software(daz studio) that export the uv wrong. The vertex number in every other primitive's uv are flipped. For example for a four sided primitive, the vertex number from clockwise:
before export in daz = vertex 172:0
172:1
172:2
172:3

after expot from daz = vertex 172:3
172:2
172:1
172:0

Is there an easy way to fix this daz mess in houdini?
8598 posts
in theory:
branch out your geo, add reverse sop
then attribcopy vertex uv attrib to your original geo, set both group types to Vertices
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
42 posts
tamte
in theory:
then attribcopy vertex uv attrib to your original geo, set both group types to Vertices
Tried what what you suggest but the UV remain the same, i think because the reverse sop reverse the vertex in both 3d space and uv space.

Anyway, i re-export alembic from daz studio with different options and its working now.
8598 posts
ruudygh
tamte
in theory:
Tried what what you suggest but the UV remain the same, i think because the reverse sop reverse the vertex in both 3d space and uv space.

Anyway, i re-export alembic from daz studio with different options and its working now.
not sure if you tried the same, uv's definitely change, but since it was just a guess based on your description it's not aligning well
after having a look at your scene here is the fixed file, a little vertex shift was necessary as well

Attachments:
uvmapping_fix.hip (347.1 KB)

Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
42 posts
tamte
ruudygh
tamte
in theory:

not sure if you tried the same, uv's definitely change, but since it was just a guess based on your description it's not aligning well
after having a look at your scene here is the fixed file, a little vertex shift was necessary as well

Thanks. It works now
  • Quick Links