HDA with primary input + secondary inputs

3461   11   7
65 posts
Hi guys,

Is there a way to design HDAs with a primary input and multiple secondaries inputs like the LOP Graft node to use it as an example ?

Thanks a lot,

Julien

Attachments:
Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 21.09.47.png (20.7 KB)

VFX Supervisor @ MPC London
4 posts
+1 on this one, i would also like to know how to do that
Edited by efi_ex - 2020年5月8日 18:14:57
1 posts
Same, +2, currently no way to wrap the incredibly useful graft node without losing the first input. Really hoping to see this one addressed as we further tool out Solaris.
7733 posts
HDA's require a fixed number of inputs. I don't think that will ever change.
8513 posts
it would indeed be nice to be able to specify first input to be visualized as a separate connector from the rest

jsmack
HDA's require a fixed number of inputs. I don't think that will ever change.
all nodes have fixed number of inputs AFAIK, for HDAs if maxinputs is a large number they will be visualised as multiinput, the point is to be able to visually exclude the first input and only 2+ to be visualized as multiinput if there is a lot of them
Edited by tamte - 2020年9月11日 22:52:14
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
61 posts
Yeah, we'd just need a checkbox under basic that specified “split out first input” or something, then as Tomas said you can get it to “look” like a multi-input by just setting max inputs to like 50+.

Our aim is to put an expression in the graft node to control the numbering of duplicates, with additional options to “group” incoming prims. None of that really works though if you can't split out the first input.
Grant Miller
VFX Supervisor
Ingenuity Studios
900 posts
if you make an RFE for that please report ID here.
I'd like to add my name to it
8513 posts
Andr
Our aim is to put an expression in the graft node to control the numbering of duplicates, with additional options to “group” incoming prims. None of that really works though if you can't split out the first input.
wouldn't the functionality be achieveable curretly though?
since in theory it wouldn't change anything, just visually the first input would be shown separately and also omitted from the UI list for reordering
but internally it wouldn't make a difference so should not cause technical issues other than visual and UX confusion
Edited by tamte - 2020年9月12日 21:24:24
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
61 posts
Yeah the UI / UX of it isn't great w/out the first input separated. We've been treating that as our “B” pipe from a Nuke comp sense and it's been working well for assembling larger scenes. Without it separated it's a pain to connect a different input to #1, you also can't have it be empty and just use it as a “group” node which graft currently lets you do.
Grant Miller
VFX Supervisor
Ingenuity Studios
8513 posts
Grant Miller
Without it separated it's a pain to connect a different input to #1, you also can't have it be empty and just use it as a “group” node which graft currently lets you do.
certainly makes those tasks more difficult, even though technically both are achievable, but definitely not convenient
if you are submitting RFE, I thik it'd be good to ask for a slider for number of separate inouts, cause I can definitely imagine scenario with first 2 inputs separate and rest multiinput, or first 3
Edited by tamte - 2020年9月12日 21:51:42
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
39 posts
This would be a very useful feature for LOPS development. Did you ever make an RFE for this?
www.aaronauty.com
36 posts
Another plus one from us - came up against this when looking at improving scene assembly UX.
  • Quick Links