Karma Cryptomatte Nuke

3403   5   4
45 posts
Hello,

I rendered a crypotmatte with Karma in Houdini19. In Houdinis Compositor everything is working as expected but in Nuke, the crypto plugin doesnt find any layers.

Cryptomatte in Houdini Comp. Working as expected.

This is how the channels end up in Nuke with the Karma rendering.

Mantra crypto channels

After copying the CryptoObject channels to CryptoObject00 , Nukes plugin finds the layer but gives noisy results.

Is this a known problem or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?
Cheers martin
Edited by louisx - 2021年11月5日 08:46:29

Attachments:
crypto_channels.png (37.3 KB)
mantraCryptoChannels.png (21.2 KB)
nukeCrypto_copy.png (64.0 KB)
houdinicomp.png (44.4 KB)

7805 posts
This is a bug in Nuke. The Foundry are aware of the issue and are working with Sidefx to support cryptomatte in multipart exr.
スタッフ
431 posts
As a workaround, you may pass '--exrmode 0' into husk commandline argument (or use 'icp' tool post render) to output old fashioned non-multipart EXR.
Edited by dlee - 2021年11月5日 12:24:29
657 posts
Hi. I submitted it as a bug during the Beta of H19 to Foundry. They have given it a high priority to fix but I have not heard anything back since. If I do I'll repost here.

Best

Mark
45 posts
Thanks for the Answers!

dlee
As a workaround, you may pass '--exrmode 0' into husk commandline argument (or use 'icp' tool post render) to output old fashioned non-multipart EXR.

This was very helpful, thanks again.
9 posts
Does anyone know a workaround in Fusion Studio? The same problem exists. No layer/index/channel information for layer: 'CryptoObject' can be found.
  • Quick Links