Pop-up windows for every work item when using TOP services

390   3   1
4 posts
Hi!

So I am learning how to use services and I ran into this issue: When using command-line based nodes like FFmpeg [www.sidefx.com], imageMagick [www.sidefx.com] or the OpenImageIO [www.sidefx.com] node I am getting a new pop-up window for every single work item which opens and instantly closes again (see gif). This in itself isn't that bad, but not being able to do anything on my desktop since the new window is then in the foreground is a bit bothersome.

Is there anything one can do, or is this just the price one has to pay to have pre-launched Hython sessions ready and open?
Edited by CrisDoesCG - 2024年4月15日 11:14:05

Attachments:
houdini_top_popups.gif (480.5 KB)

スタッフ
586 posts
I haven't seen this happen before on either Windows or Linux. Can you provide a higher resolution image that actually shows the title bar/command line for the popup window -- the gif is too low resolution to tell what it's actually running. Additionally, please attach a Houdini info.txt (Help -> About Houdini -> Save). You can also log that as a bug with support instead of posting it on the forum if you prefer.
160 posts
I've also had this, I put it down to it being related to using the Windows Terminal [github.com] as the default terminal.
4 posts
tpetrick
I haven't seen this happen before on either Windows or Linux. Can you provide a higher resolution image that actually shows the title bar/command line for the popup window -- the gif is too low resolution to tell what it's actually running. Additionally, please attach a Houdini info.txt (Help -> About Houdini -> Save). You can also log that as a bug with support instead of posting it on the forum if you prefer.

Hi yes, sorry for the wait, didn't see the reply. Here you go [www.youtube.com].

Attachments:
Houdini_Info.txt (24.4 KB)

• Quick Links