PyroFX question

5233   7   2
11 posts
I have a model of a laptop that I want to set on fire with pyro fx. I've never used pyro before but I've watched some tutorials. I don't want the flames to be emitted from the whole laptop, just the bottom part with the keyboard and the battery. I've tried creating a group from the bottom part of the laptop but I can't figure out how to just source that group for the flames and not have the whole model be the source. Any advice? Thanks
スタッフ
2540 posts
You can use attributes.

Easiest way to do this is from the shelf select the Fuel source tool, select your geometry you want to be the fuel (your laptop) and start painting fuel with the LMB and remove fuel with the RMB.

You can RMB in blank space in the viewport to see all the brush options for the LMB and RMB.

You can also paint temperature. Areas where you want the fuel to ignite strongly paint with LMB and those that you don't want to burn RMB.

The shelf tool creates the correct geometry attribute for you. You can use SOP methods to apply that attribute to your group.
There's at least one school like the old school!
11 posts
Thank you for your help. I'm still a bit confused as to how I would apply the attribute to my group and then get it to work in the pyro simulation. I've tried painting the whole thing with fuel, either with the foreground or the background color, but neither one seems to make any difference in how the fuel is emitted. I re-ran the simulation each time I changed how I painted the fuel and stopped it on frame 12. No matter what I did, it looked the same. I know I've missed a step somewhere.

Maybe these screenshots will help?

Attachments:
battery_no_fuel.png (363.1 KB)
no_fuel_painted.png (364.0 KB)
battery_painted.png (364.3 KB)

2624 posts
Hi,
The attribute you create is being used by the simulation to look up where your object will burn. I would also suggest you read the documentation on fuel and do small tests so you feel comfortable using a box and few spheres.

Those are big pictures ! .

rob
Gone fishing
11 posts
Thanks, will do.
11 posts
I've done a few tests with some spheres and boxes, and I can't get the fuel to only be emitted from a certain part. I followed the steps in the help for the Paint Fuel node, and I still can't get it to work. No matter how I paint my sphere, the fuel always looks the same when I re-simulate it. I'm getting some sort of error in the pyrosolver that could be a clue, but I can't figure out exactly what I need to change.

Attachments:
pyrosolver_info.png (62.0 KB)

2624 posts
Pyro FX and the paint fuel will not work by default from the shelf. Create fire using the burn from object shelf tool. Dive inside the dop network and look at the nodes I have highlighted. You will have to figure out how to transfer that work flow over to a pyro fx set up

rob

Attachments:
testFlameFront.hipnc (488.0 KB)

Gone fishing
1 posts
ex_pfc_wintergreen
I've done a few tests with some spheres and boxes, and I can't get the fuel to only be emitted from a certain part. I followed the steps in the help for the Paint Fuel node, and I still can't get it to work. No matter how I paint my sphere, the fuel always looks the same when I re-simulate it. I'm getting some sort of error in the pyrosolver that could be a clue, but I can't figure out exactly what I need to change.

Thank you for your help. I you have found the answer to your problem.
Tax Refund [taxpal.ie] accounting solutions [sraccounting.ie]
  • Quick Links