obtain the same detail ...

27968   26   0
665 posts
anybody wants to add settings on top of that list?
anybody using PBR ?

I've found PBR can add fantastic results, but is very slow for volumetrics. Traditionally, we use 3 Spotlights set to Red, Green, Blue, and then balance these in Comp.

Volume step size should always be the same size as the Volume divisions. Any higher, and you just waste these extra steps. Recently, I've learned that Shading quality of 2 or more will really add a high level of detail to your fire sims.

Would love to hear what else there is!

-j
304 posts
great thread.

Regarding the shader I added a couple of hints here, after a few tries of my own…

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/15082-h12-pyro-and-the-limits-of-my-laptop/ [forums.odforce.net]
Javier Meroño
FX TD.
18 posts
Hi everyone,
And thx to you to share your knowledge. I'll try all of that as soon as possible !
Cheers
230 posts
CeeGee
Volcano preset

Thanks jlait and Coen.

Sim details:

division sizes - 0.02
voxel counts (frame 200) - 160mil
simtime - 5h 40min
rendertime - 22h 30min

did you used autoresized container with your slow motion effect at the end of your sim? How you did the slow motion, timeblend+timeshift SOP, CHOPs or VOPs, can you please share few details about this?
18 posts
i9089303
did you used autoresized container with your slow motion effect at the end of your sim? How you did the slow motion, timeblend+timeshift SOP, CHOPs or VOPs, can you please share few details about this?

I made a simple test like this with the orignal preset of the volcano, and I had a slow motion effect at a moment ..after something like the 125 frames. I did not touch any parameters ! I created a sphere then attach the pyro on it. very wierd.
5 posts
The volcano shelf tool automatically keyframes your timescale on the pyrosolver and also adjusts the AutoDops time step based on this number. This is so your sim will preroll the first 100 or so frames to get that nice tall tower of smoke, and then slow down to simulate at the rough speed a volcano would.
3 posts
If you really need to get slow motion control on your pyro simulation I would reccomend to use a standart type of retiming, such as TimeBlend+TimeWarp, BUT your container must be stable . So, blending volume primitives is possible, but only for some slow down speed in 3-4 times, in other way you can get some problem like very visual change of transperensy of volume primitives, of course, everything depends from your resolution.. if you have enough voxels - you can make very slow down smoke.
And you can use resize for speed up to your smoke form and after this make a swich to the stable container.
  • Quick Links