Render Progress

8559   4   1
52 posts
I am rendering a single frame that may take a day or more to render. I can't get any progress information. Under Manta statistics I select the highest level of verbose and I select the Alfred style of progress. When I render and watch the scheduling view, I only see elapsed time.

I also tried a simple cube with a cloud rig, but I only see elapsed time, until it's finished.
Brad Carvey
279 posts
All information are displayed in console. With Alfred style progress, you can see the % of progress like this screenshot.

Attachments:
ALF_progress.png (12.8 KB)

52 posts
Thanks.

When I hit render on the render view, the console opens and is in front and I see lots of rendering messages. When I hit render in the Mantra properties, I did not see a console window. Now that I am getting the info I need in the console, I will do some experiments to determine if there is an issue with where I render.

I noticed that even with the verbose setting, the Scheduler View shows “Manta” as the command. I would expect the command to be “Manta -V or Va”, but I guess they just list the command without any arguments.
Brad Carvey
288 posts
On your mantra node, in the Render tab, set ‘Render Output’ to ‘Don’t Capture Render Output', and set the verbosity to 5+.

It's a silly default setting IMHO.
279 posts
bradcarvey
When I hit render on the render view, the console opens and is in front and I see lots of rendering messages. When I hit render in the Mantra properties, I did not see a console window. Now that I am getting the info I need in the console, I will do some experiments to determine if there is an issue with where I render..
You must launch Houdini via console. Open Console from houdini folder (windows) or Houdini Shell (mac), then type houdini.

You could see each events from houdini (very useful) and mantra verbose when you render from a mantra node. You don't need to setup verbose level more than 0 if you only need to see ALF progress.
  • Quick Links