deep layer names not consistent with channel names in Nuke

5174   3   1
74 posts
Hello, everyone,

I rendered a color layer and deep layer to my teammate. He got the following problem in Nuke 8.0v2 and 8.0v4.
Does anyone also have similar problem? I am not sure whether I did any incorrect setting.
Thanks,

As I am suppose using a color layer with multiple channels eg.diffuse, specular etc., and than using ‘DeepRecolor’ node to recolor the deep data layer which has the same channels. Before importing those two layers in Nuke, I've found that their own channel names are as follows

Color Layer

Deep Layer

However when both layers imported together, their channel names change its order

Channel disorder

This makes their channels mismatch and give a wrong color display. Finally I use a ‘Expression’ node to correct their channels

Expression node

But I'm not sure this is the best way to fix this or even it is one of the bugs in Nuke. And I would be very grateful if anyone can help~

Attachments:
properties.jpg (113.8 KB)
edit_layer.jpg (50.8 KB)
deep_layer.jpg (41.5 KB)
color_layer.jpg (42.6 KB)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kelvincai/ [www.linkedin.com]
2624 posts
Sorry I cannot be clearer but doesn't this relate to the channel in image plane I seem to remember you have to specify “C” or such to letter Nuke know whats contained in a multilayer exr. The new deep is something Ive been meaning to dig into but simply have not had time coupled with the older I get the more I forget …
I had a master class in deep from one of the compers on a show last year and its already exited the grey matter

Rob
Gone fishing
3 posts
Just ran into this recently! When you read the deep render into nuke both .red and .r channels would be created; contaminating the script.

You need to remove the AOVs from the DCM, and then everything should behave properly.

As far as fixing your contaminated scripts… text editor or a filtering script to remove extra channels.

Attachments:
Screenshot.png (11.3 KB)

3 posts
cdeorsay
Just ran into this recently! When you read the deep render into nuke both .red and .r channels would be created; contaminating the script.

You need to remove the AOVs from the DCM, and then everything should behave properly.

As far as fixing your contaminated scripts… text editor or a filtering script to remove extra channels.
Hoooo thanks you so much
  • Quick Links