Small wacom gripe...

2118   6   1
517 posts
Hi All,

Happy new year!
I just wanted to put this out there in case there are any other Houdini/Wacom users. When you middle mouse drag on a value (and get that cool multiplier strip) with a wacom, everything goes totally pair shaped when the curser hits the edge of the screen and the values go off the charts.

It feels like the cursor is continually wrapping around the screen and sending the value out of control. It's just one of those things that gets me all the time, especially since most values (in my layout) are tucked away near the edge of screen

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Pete
4521 posts
Yes I think that problem existed for as long as I used Houdini.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | pragmaticvfx.gumroad.com
スタッフ
6219 posts
Have you submitted a bug with this? I did a quick search of Wacom XCF (XCF being the name of those cool sliders) and didn't find one…

Your analysis is right on, BTW. We warp the cursor position when we hit the edge of the screen to allow mouse users to keep dragging forever. The tablet, however, is an absolute position device so it will just warp itself back again, triggering a nice ride to infinity and beyond. We'll have to disable the warping when we detect an absolute-mode input. (This is not quite as easy as just testing for stylus input, as some people use wacom input in relative mode!)
517 posts
triggering a nice ride to infinity and beyond
Hehe!

I haven't submitted anything for it, maybe I'll send a report in (on super low priority). Even if there was just an option in prefs somewhere it could be nice.
4521 posts
jlait
Have you submitted a bug with this? I did a quick search of Wacom XCF (XCF being the name of those cool sliders) and didn't find one…

Your analysis is right on, BTW. We warp the cursor position when we hit the edge of the screen to allow mouse users to keep dragging forever. The tablet, however, is an absolute position device so it will just warp itself back again, triggering a nice ride to infinity and beyond. We'll have to disable the warping when we detect an absolute-mode input. (This is not quite as easy as just testing for stylus input, as some people use wacom input in relative mode!)

I might have but I refrained from submitting certain bugs when I was in a minority, i.e. being a tablet user or having a custom dual desktop that loads correctly at startup. Though I submitted the latter but it wasn't logged beyond a ticket #5678
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | pragmaticvfx.gumroad.com
517 posts
Yeah I was holding off for the same reason. I just sent one through now though.
スタッフ
6219 posts
Thank you for submitting! I was also asking in case there was an old bug number which I could add my comments to…
  • Quick Links