Make Breakable question (in Go Procedural > hguide_01_quickstart.pdf)

2553   2   0
375 posts
Hello there!

I'm back!!! So now I'm trying to learn these “Go Procedural” tutorials, and I'm in the “Quickstart” PDF. At page 37 (13 of 16), I must break the columns with a wrecking ball. But some things are not going as intended.

- Unfortunately, when I use the “make breakable” tool, the columns start to fall into pieces as soon as I hit the “play” button, although they should be degraded only when the wrecking ball touch them. How do I fix this problem?

- Also another question : why is the wrecking ball going in a single straight direction? Shouldn't it change direction as it bounces on the columns?

Thanks and see you soon,
David
Houdini gamboler
2537 posts
How do I fix this problem?
After you make breakable use the Glue Adjacent shelf tool to glue all the pieces together.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
375 posts
OK thanks but what should I select before applying “glue adjacent”? The columns? When I select the columns then click “glue adjacent”, the problem remain the same : the columns start to fall into pieces as soon as I hit the “play” button, although they should be degraded only when the wrecking ball touch them.
On top of that, how come the “glue adjacent” tool is not part of this tutorial? Is this tutorial incomplete?
Thanks
David
Edited by Grendizer - 2016年7月14日 07:12:38
Houdini gamboler
  • Quick Links