Extra Image Planes Integer Data

2040   3   0
96 posts
Hi,

I wondered if it is possible to output integers for point data using extra image planes. I have posted a sample file where I have attempted to do this. I want a channel in my exr that has an integer per object. I was able to get RGB data thanks to help I received in another thread from Huey Yeng https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/55257/?page=1#post-247767 [www.sidefx.com]

I'm trying to build on that. Also, it seems I can only output data for meshes, not heightfields. I have to convert heightfields to polygon for the channels to output.

Thanks,

Adnan

Attachments:
integerImagePlane.hiplc (404.8 KB)

69 posts
If you're looking for a way to output integer per object, the Op_Id image plane already does that for you. Although I got no idea on how to assign it with specific integer number as the assigned number are random.

I'm assume you already know how to deal with that pass in a compositing software.
7770 posts
Look into to cryptomatte, it encodes integer or string data into special image planes that can be extracted later.
96 posts
Thanks for the replies Huey and Jsmack. I need to specify numbers for each object, otherwise Op_Id would be a good option. Cryptomatte seems to be the way to go, so I looked into that, but I was unable to extract the data using OpenEXR Python bindings. I just get zeros, whether I choose string or integer. I also tried the first method, adding attribute nodes with integers and the required nodes in the shader, but I still can't get the same numbers out. EXR is saving the data as float16, but I can see no way that it corresponds to what I set for each object, which were integers 0-2.

Any ideas? I'm just trying to encode mattes for objects with integer values.

Thanks,

Adnan
  • Quick Links