HQueue setup help

341   2   1
103 posts
I was wondering if anyone managed to setup HQueue properly (windows in this case) and to work with Solaris and karma xpu?
I'm following couple guides at the moment. I have server and clients alrll working fine and connected. But my success ends there.
First block I think is this network folder.. I do have NAS and shared folders but no idea what that folder to add is, do we and all shared folders with projects on or that is some special difernt shared folder or?
Would appreciate help in getting this running.
I mostly wanna check to see if HQueue works better then Deadline with Houdini.
22 posts
Yes it certainly does work Im running a mixed environment, Linux, Windows and it works just fine for that too I looked mostly at this guide getting it up and running: https://www.sidefx.com/faq/question/how-do-i-setup-an-hqueue-server-and-client/ [www.sidefx.com]
Edited by timjan - 2024年3月19日 18:27:44
103 posts
Hmm al this user creation and stuff to access network folder, I don't think that is the problem because I haveNAS, all sharing is sorted out there. Project folders are on NAS. What is this new shared folder is it some working directory or it is shared to put projects in and share with others? Because if that is the case I already have that part done on NAS and all project folders are accessible.
But there is another option of that network folder in HQqueue web interface.. what to add there, Again do Ihave to add all NAS folders that contains projects there or?
For example synology nas with shared folders that are mounted to windows machines. Do I have to add some of thsoe folders or?

I've tried adding network folder where my test project is.
This is output log:

Accessing "\\CGOS1821\Work\houdini_distros\hfs.windows-x86_64\bin\hython" ...
The system cannot find the path specified.

Why is it looking for houdini_distros there?
Honestly confused here
Edited by Mirko Jankovic - 2024年3月20日 00:39:44
  • Quick Links