Import FBX file

12938   11   4
50 posts
Hi

I trying to Import a FBX. the file have a frame rate at 30 fps and it is Length - 30 frames.

When I import it it's always says ‘'<internal> Warning(9): Invalid range specification’' what do i need to do to solve this problem?
94 posts
Hi !!

You should have your right index finger on your nose and turn ten times clockwise shouting “problem be gone”…. SCNR

Apart from that, that is if this does not help, could you provide us more information? Houdini version, Operating System and if you are allowed to provide us the said FBX file I am pretty sure we could find a way to help you…
If you can't script/program it, it's no good at all !
50 posts
I have Houdini version 10
I use Windows 7 64 bit

and no sorry i can't give you the file.
50 posts
I was not clear enough. I'm importing a rig with a Animation in it. and the animation and frame rate at 30 fps and it is Length - 30 frames.
the rig it's not the problem, i have imported the rig and itäs working but the animation is not with it. and every time i import the rig the frames at the time line in houdini always go down to 1-1. when i it was 1-240 before i imported the rig
50 posts
I just notice one more thing. The frame problem is still there even if I'm not Importing the animation.

So when I just have checked in joints and skin at the FBX Importer. Frame problem there.
350 posts
Can you provide the file that isn't working? Another thing to check is that you're not trying to import a newer FBX file into an older version of Houdini. You can test this by updating your Houdini version to the latest daily build, and then re-importing file there.
Oleg Samus
Software Developer
Side Effects Software Inc.
50 posts
How do i uppdate houdini? never done it before.

i went under help and then pressed updates. but then i go to one of the versions and press at houdini 11.0.658/windows x64 (exe) not much happend. a new window comes upp and when i have told it i want to save the file nothing i happening after that.
50 posts
I tried to update my Houdini version. i have the newest version of houdini and still i have the same warning when i trying to import the fbx file
50 posts
here is the file.

Attachments:
Came_up.zip (36.9 KB)

350 posts
Hello,

Thanks for the file. While the warnings do still come up, you can ignore them for now. For me, the file seems to import correctly, along with the animation (I've attached a .hip file with the result I get). Just another thing to double-check if the animation is still not importing - sometimes, after you select the file to import with a double-click in the file open dialog window, the second click goes through and unchecks the “Animation” checkbox. So when importing, after you select the file to import but before you click on the “Import” button, could you double-check that the “Animation” checkbox is indeed checked?

Attachments:
came_up.zip (236.3 KB)

Oleg Samus
Software Developer
Side Effects Software Inc.
2 posts
Hi, i am resucitating this thread because i am having the same problem with all the FBX files that mixamo.com is providing.
Has anyone figured out what the problem is?
I am using H12.1/W64
Thanks!

Martin
premini
1743 posts
premini
Hi, i am resucitating this thread because i am having the same problem with all the FBX files that mixamo.com is providing.
Has anyone figured out what the problem is?
I am using H12.1/W64

Sorry for not noticing this sooner. Is it still an issue? If so, it might be worth submitting a bug with specifics so that I can try to reproduce it.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links