Zen ... With Mantra :)

8180   5   1
41 posts
Hello !

Here is a picture that I made with Houdini 11 & Rendered in Mantra, all stuff are done with houdini (Shading, texturing, lighting, rendering), I stole the teapot to 3dsMax I just used photoshop for the background…. Some comp work done with Nuke !

[hostingpics.net]

HD:
http://faerie3d.free.fr/sitev5/images/illus/Zen.jpg [faerie3d.free.fr]

Hope you like it and C&C are welcome
My portfolio : www.guillaume-j.com
Staff
2540 posts
Houdini ships with teapot geometry in the Platonic Solid SOP. One of the options is the Utah Teapot.

Very nice image. Can you be more specific as to what was modeled/rendered and what is photoshop background? I can make out the teapot as cg (bad shading where the spout is shoved in to the body and that is not your fault) but everything else is convincing.
There's at least one school like the old school!
41 posts
Thank you for your comment ! and oh yes I forgot the Platonic SOP

Well, everything in the picture is in 3D ( even smoke, done with houdini's smoke ), just the orange sky and the tree outside are done with photoshop, the shadow of the tree at the right of the picture is done by a mantra shader, with the help of an “emission” map.
Staff
2540 posts
Thank-you for the description. I couldn't tell what was real and not if it were real that is.

Nice warm and inviting image.
There's at least one school like the old school!
349 posts
Very nice.

Its nice to see some photoreal interor scene's. Just goes to show Mantra is as robust at creating these scenes, as any other renderer.
41 posts
Thank you for your comments

I'm working on a new scene since last sunday, still rendered with Houdini and Mantra (PBR engine), more dark and old mood this time. Here is a Work in progress image, the compass is not shaded yet. The globe need more work etc…

and ragupasta I agree, I don't understand why we dont see more pictures done with mantra, just the fact that you can use a micropolygone & a PBR engine in the same software is very nice !
  • Quick Links