Extra attributes not working for FLIP fluids!

2636   2   0
4 posts
Hi everyone, I've already posted something similar on the odforce forums, but I'm hoping to hit closer to home now that I've done a bit of additional testing and messing around.

My problem is that when I configure my FLIP fluid activating “Create Coordinate System”, and additionally activating the storage of density gradient and neighbour velocity, the attributes aren't created. The same thing works fine with SPH, just not with FLIP fluids, which is rather frustrating, since those attributes are really essential to any fluid workflow.

This is using Houdini 11.0.733. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
4 posts
Okay, after having a little chat with SESI support, it seems that the extra attributes aren't taken into account when simulating a Particle Fluid Object with the FLIP solver.

My workaround for now is to create the two cycling coordinate systems using a VOP POP within the fluid's POP solver, which seems to do the trick.
183 posts
noouch

My workaround for now is to create the two cycling coordinate systems using a VOP POP within the fluid's POP solver, which seems to do the trick.

Hi. I'm facing the same situation, can you explain a little bit more, what do you do in VOP POP?

Thanks!
Aleksei Rusev
Sr. Graphics Tools Engineer @ Nvidia
  • Quick Links