Some question about Facet Node

5825   2   1
7 posts
hi,

I'm confuse with the normal issue after reading the description about Fecet Node, it says “you can compute surface normals before making vertices (the points of each polygon) unique, which gives you the unusual result of smooth shading and unique point …”, does this implies surface normal derived from vertex normal ? As i remembered surface/primitive normal could not changed directly, and after i do facet it seems the affect is opposite,i.e. vertex normal will be derived from surface normal if Pre\Post-Compute Normal is active. For surface normal and vertex normal, which one is predominant ?
Another question is why Facet need two Compute Normal action ?(Pre\Post-Compute Normal) I don't see the difference effect on vertex normal, Is there an good example show the difference ?

Thanks !
46 posts
Try it yourself to get the difference. I honestly am not understanding what you dont understand, that states it crystal clear.

Unique points kind of separates all the face primitives. 4 example if you have a sphere and you unique the points you will have 4 points where there was just 1, each corresponding to the surrounding faces. So if you pre compute normals you can have the smoothed effect for each NOW separated Face Primitive .

Hope this helps
G.
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
7 posts
Thanks Gerlandox, i got the result you mentioned.

I think i'm looking for more basic concept behind these operation. To make things clear i begin with the basic question: where primitive normal come from if a primitive is not a plain ?
  • Quick Links