SOP viewport question

4686   2   0
27 posts
I have some problems with the viewport. If I start Houdini and then open my tutorial file from the file menu, I get an empty viewport. If I then create a new tearoff window I can see the model.

Also if I double click the file from its folder, I can see the model ok when Houdini has started.

In the tutorials there's a point where I need to see the little dropdown arrow at top right of the viewport (to set templates option). But unless I do a tearoff window I don't get the icons at the right. Is there an preference setting somewhere?

I'm running at 1280x1024, WinXP, GF4 4200 (and have also just gone to dual mons)

Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks Mark Creer
170 posts
Have you tried hitting H hotkey with pointer in the viewport?
Maybe that's all you need to do to see the geometry? Just home in on it.

For the dropdown in the upper right corner. Can you see all those buttons that control viewport options like enabling the display of points, normals etc? If not than you just need to click on that thin vertical stowbar to show the buttons.
The Things I Do For Love!
27 posts
I did press the H key - I think the install might be corrupted- yesterday my files wouldn't even display with any of my work arounds- I could upload the file I suppose for someone with Apprentice to open and check ??

As for the stowbar - thanks I forgot how to find them!
  • Quick Links