houdini flowmap

5984   5   4
9 posts
Hi All,

I am trying to reproduce this houdini network.

http://vimeo.com/58231186 [vimeo.com]

Could somebody help me please

Thank you.
245 posts
Have you read the link that was posted on the vimeo?
You might get some ideas from this I suppose.

http://graphicsrunner.blogspot.tw/2010/08/water-using-flow-maps.html [graphicsrunner.blogspot.tw]
9 posts
Hi,

Thank you for your respond. I have read the link and this is what I have so far (see my houdini file). Problem is that I do not have any idea how to continue now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments:
Flowmap01.hipnc (660.9 KB)

245 posts
Hi,

I was thinking of using a displace along normal inside a vopsop and multiply the normals you've generated from the colors with the time, not sure if this is the correct way but there are many possibillities inside houdini thats what I like about it.

You only had information in the colors R, G, (B was empty) so I used color R for B also.

You could use this file to improve on, for example create better vectors for better flow.

For the looping part you could use a ramp parameter and manipulate the “time in seconds”parameter using hte spline type and set the values to 0, 1, 0 and use it to blend with the original normals using a mix node. (all inside of vopsop)

Or you could use a timeshift node with modulo expression.

I hope this helps!

Attachments:
flowmap02.hipnc (700.9 KB)

9 posts
Hi,

Thank you a lot

All the best

M
1 posts
Hello , i need to know what has become the Create Flowmap in Houdini 18, i am trying to get a rid of the flowmap tutorial with an Indie Licence but i can not find it.I suppose that the tool has been substituted by Something else …but what?
  • Quick Links