OpenCL Problem during Pyro sim

5168   8   2
7 posts
Hi,

I just bought a new PC with a Nvidia Quadro K4000 with latest drivers.
Im getting this error message when I turn the OpenCL on in the pyrosolver.
“OpenCL Exception: Error in processing command line: Don't understand command line argument ”Files/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.22/houdini/ocl/include“”!clBuildProgram (-11)"

Any tips on how to overcome t´his issue?
Thanks!

Marcus
28 posts
Same problem here on gtx 480 with latest drivers. Houdini 12.1.230 works flawless. – Maybe a bug???
7 posts
For me it doesn't even work in any early versions…

misterluqman
Same problem here on gtx 480 with latest drivers. Houdini 12.1.230 works flawless. – Maybe a bug???
28 posts
There is a nice post which explains the opencl settings for pyro. A file is attached which works at least with 12.1.230. Maybe you can give it a try.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=25234&highlight=opencl+pyro [sidefx.com]
7 posts
I tried all the earlier versions, no change.
The Quadro K4000 is a very new card though, maybe that's why it doesn't work properly?
57 posts
I had exactly the same problem. I have a gtx580. I got that error until I reinstalled my OS… I dont know why but I think driver conflict was the issue
20 posts
I usually ignore that message from the console and nothing happens.
However remember that small divisions in pyro are 500*500*500 voxels max, and i think quadro can push 256*256*256.
So you can do acombination of OpenCL with explicit cache until half of the way and then load up the explicit cache and compute the rest without OpenCl.
28 posts
I found the time to reinstall windows. That did the trick. Tanks for the tip souls7ealer
37 posts
Has anyone found a solution to this “openCL exception” console error, without reinstalling windows?

Im running a geforce 660 ti, and am running into trouble when I turn on the use openCL option in the pyro solver
  • Quick Links