Scatter on paint SOP

8823   4   2
14 posts
Hi,

I'm kind of new to Houdini. I'm trying to paint on the geometry to make point cload for further voronoi fracture.

1st i made point SOP and add all black (0,0,0). Than Paint and painted in red the detail i wanted. And after scatter SOP and in alternate attribute I made to ‘Cd’.

And the problem is the scatter didn't act the way i wanted. The poits are stronger where the topology is dense and the is no affect of the paint at all
258 posts
did you adjust the attribute bias down to zero?
14 posts
Yes, than the concentration of points is starting to fade and is equall on every face. The painted regior is still the same.When bias is on 1, the points concentrate on more detailed mesh (dense topology)
14 posts
Ok,

Thats what had happened:

Cd (diffuse color) attribute is an atrribute of detail, primitive, point and vertex. In my case there was already a Cd attribute assigned for primitive. And in chierarchy primitve is after than poly or vertex, right?

So it was like this. Cd attribute (primitive) was overwriting cd paint SOP (vertex).

Added primitive SOP and deleted channels of color.

Works 100%
1743 posts
MegaJuzwa
the points concentrate on more detailed mesh (dense topology)

If you turn on “Scatter based on primitive area” (or whatever the checkbox is called), that effect should be reduced.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links