Skipping unrecognized parameter

5081   6   0
12 posts
Hello everybody,
most of the time (all the time in fact..) when i open a scene into houdini 13,
i have a lot of error message why a thousand of line “Skipping unrecognized parameter”.
somebody know where is come from and what i suppose to do for avoid this thinks?

Attachments:
skip.png (88.2 KB)

4189 posts
Does it happen using the latest build of Houdini? H13.0.409
12 posts
they are less errors but i still have someone…
8 posts
Hello,

I would like to forward about this.
We are working on Houdini 18 , on Solaris with USD, and we got tremendous of them once when we update something in the pipeline.

Is there any true way of customizing the behaviori of the "Unrecognized Parameter" warnings, or any "synchronizing child node" warnings ?

I would love to be able to condition some warnings to not be shown.

Thank you
11 posts
Hey. This just means that the HDAs used in the scene no longer match those that are currently available. afaik there's no way around it and it's just the nature of it as the nodes evolve and change. Using the same version of Houdini that the scene was created with is the only solution.
For your custom HDAs you could/should use versions. That way the scene with an earlier version of a given asset can retain it, while you can still keep working on your assets.
8 posts
Yeah of course, but in our studio we have a lot of these that are predictable and annoying (in other term : useless),
i was wondering if you could filter them, but i understand ...
11 posts
Ah yes, sorry if I sounded patronizing.

I just noticed this Docs entry and the SyncNodeVersion event handler being used in at least one SideFX hda (curve::2.0). I suppose the second type of versioning could be used in your situation?

Two types of asset versioning [www.sidefx.com]
Edited by Honza Topinka - April 5, 2024 05:42:40
  • Quick Links