Apprentice version & selecting

3384   3   1
201 posts
I have downloaded the Apprentice version onto my Dell 9100. I have a 128MB ATI 9700 card.

For some reason, the Selector & Handle Controls on the left side of the viewer are not … well … selectable. They are greyed out. Additionally, I cannot seem to select any objects in the viewport. I swore I was able to use them before.

Does this have to do with the hardware I'm using or is there something quirky with the latest Apprentice version?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Rob
Edited by - March 24, 2005 11:33:49
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
1631 posts
Hi Rob,

Do you have other Houdini versions on your laptop to test? If you have, do you get the same problem?

Have you tried to download the latest drivers from ATI's site? ATI drivers tend to not have robust OpenGL support though some users say the latest drivers are much better.

Good luck!

Cheers!
steven
2199 posts
Just checking the obvious, you are in one of the select modes? eg transform or pose and not just in tumble mode….
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
201 posts
Simon
Just checking the obvious, you are in one of the select modes? eg transform or pose and not just in tumble mode….

Please note that there is where my face turns red … yes … yes I was in view mode. ops:

Gee, you go away for a couple of years & the software changes … go figure :wink:

Thanks for the tip.
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
  • Quick Links