turquoise/dark green renders coming off farm

2207   2   2
16 posts
I am submitting jobs to the farm normally, my other jobs/files dont have this issue. They are coming back succeeded, but the material or something is coming back as a turquoise/dark green colour. at first it was only one frame on one job. but now, its groups, and singles, of about half of the frame range and on all of the same scene, but different pass files for example shot 1 earth, shot 1 astronaut, shot 1 clouds. also, the frames that are turquoise have an extra 2k of disk space being added on. has anyone experienced this before?

using h14.0.223 with hqueue
258 posts
I will say that I just had this issue, not sure if it is the same thing. I had to delete all my Houdini pref's on the render nodes and let them get rebuilt.

This is my deduction, but I would be curious if it is correct…

I think something changed in the surface model from H13 to H14, and somehow the new installation was referencing an old otl “surfacemodel.otl”. I ran the renders through the command prompt and saw that it had problems loading the surface model and once cleaned up my prefs, the problem went away.

If you have any custom ot path mappings in your houdini.env, make sure that nothing in it can point to h13 installations where the old surface mode can exist.

This drove me a little nuts, as it would render locally correct, and I would go through all my file mappings, just going crazy, and on a deadline.

Hope this helps…
16 posts
actually does help, thanks for the input
  • Quick Links