Error DllNotFoundException: libHAPI...

4631   3   0
1 posts
Hi!

I just bought the ProTrack Bundle from the Unity Asset Store but I can't make the plugin work. I have run through the forum but haven't been able to find a way to solve the problem.

I can see the Houdini Menu in the Unity but when I try to use a sample file to test I get an error:

DllNotFoundException: libHAPI

and

HoudiniHost.getEnvInt (HAPI_EnvIntType int_type) (at Assets/Houdini/Scripts/HoudiniHostWrappers.cs:56)

If I click the Houdini Debug menu item in Houdini Engine tab it says that “You are missing the Correct Houdini (14.0.357) with Houdini Engine (1.9.20) installation.”, but I don't know what to do to correct that.

I have read the troubleshooting part from the Houdini Engine 1.9 site here: http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hengine1.9/_h_a_p_i__plugins__unity.html#HAPI_Plugins_Unity_Troubleshooting, [sidefx.com] but without no luck.

I have Windows 7 Professional, Unity 4.6.5 Pro(32-bit), I have tried both Houdini installers 14.0.335(32-bit) and 14.0.357(32-bit), I have put “C:\Program Files (x86)\Side Effects Software\Houdini 14.0.357\bin;” in the PATH environment variable also.

I hope someone can give some helping thoughts, thank you.
402 posts
Just for everyone else's benefit, this was replied to in our bug database as this was also reported there. It seems to be an issue specific to Jeppe's machine. Not sure yet what that issue is.
126 posts
Any updates on the issue? Having a similar problem.
402 posts
This was a user-specific issue. Something was wrong with his system environment. We never got a resolution though as the replies stopped. Not sure what happened.

What exactly is the error you're getting? It may not be the same thing. If it is DllNotFoundException: libHAPI, have you tried the troubleshooting steps at: http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hengine1.9/_h_a_p_i__plugins__unity.html#HAPI_Plugins_Unity_Troubleshooting [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links