Using assets with animations in Unity

5092   4   2
6 posts
Hi everybody,
I hope I may ask for a little help, since I am new to Unity and could not find any documentation on this topic.
I am trying to get a HDA containing an animation into Unity, but I got stuck. Here is what I tried:

1. Create an asset with animation ONLY on object level.
2. Import the asset in Unity (object is visible with textures, too. So that's fine)
3. Press Bake animation on the Bake animations tab (does something, but I still can's see the animation)
4. Feeling lost, because I don't see, what the next steps need to be…

So could someone please explain what needs to be done to apply and trigger the animation within the game?
Any help or hint or link would be highly appreciated!
Thanks!
402 posts
  1. Did you set the “End Time” to something other than the default “1”?
  2. Did you see the progress bar baking all the animation frames?
  3. Did you see a warning in the Unity Console saying something like: “AnimationClip needs to be set as Legacy”? If you saw this, you need to update the plugin to a Houdini build newer than 15.5.545.
6 posts
Hi Damian,
thanks for your help. The answer to all three questions is yes. So I will wait until 15.5.545 will be available for Windows and then try again…

Thanks a lot!
12 posts
Using Houdini Indie 15.5.565 and Unity 5.4.0f3 I can bake animation and play it in Unity via HE but there doesn't appear to be any way to do anything standalone with the baked Animation or even locate it. Is this a bug?

In the inspector, what looks like a legacy Animation component is created but the Animation field only has the PLAY icon and no name and doesn't appear in the Project anywhere. Selecting the Animation in the Inspector by doubleclicking on the field, the only parameter is Wrap mode.

Any help appreciated

402 posts
The Animation is baked into the GameObject. It doesn't create an Animation in the project. Obviously this can be improved. If you'd like additional support for this feature please submit an RFE (feature request) to support@sidefx.com
  • Quick Links