Container Not Filling - Can't Get Divergence To Work. Please Help. (Scene Attached)

1620   2   1
5 posts
Hello all,

I'm having issues wth filling my mesh.

I've read on forums that I could use the expand tool in the populate containers shelf, but when I do this it won't let me select my fluid. I tried another way of adding divergence, but I'm over my head as a new user. Here is a link to my scene file and the abc that goes wth it (attach it to the figure_geo).

DropBox-SceneFiles [dropbox.com]

If someone could please help me figure this out I'll be very grateful, I have a deadline for uni looming over me and I'm incredibly stressed out!
Staff
6210 posts
It is way trickier than it should be to select the fluid sometimes…

From the Shelf, select Expand from Objects.

Then, in the network editor, select the emitter object at /obj/emitter by clicking it so it is yellow-highlighted.

Then, in the viewport, hit enter to chose this. (Hitting enter in the network editor will just dive, but it will use your emitter… You can't click the emitter in the viewport as you have it hidden)

Now to select the fluid, in the network editor dive into the AutoObject and selct the flipfluidobject node. This is the node creating your fluid so is the one to choose. Again, move the mouse to the viewport and hit enter to complete.
5 posts
jlait
It is way trickier than it should be to select the fluid sometimes…

Oh I'm glad it's just tricky and it wasn't me being a complete idiot. Thank you so much! All issues are now solved and I can crack on with my idea.
  • Quick Links