Polly extrude issue.

2754   3   0
11 posts
OK so I been working on the design below. In order to complete the shape the square and hexagon shapes where positioned using lines for distance from center than created with line/skin for the square and a 6 point circle/skin.

To extrapolate from that I created a group both from one edge of a hex and than an edge from the square and used polly bridge to complete the shape all around in the proper arrangement.

Now the issue. So after that I extruded the square and hexagons 2 times one to add thickness and the second to give a trim for the outside so than after one could bevel all the corners. While this was a success with those two when I tried to perform the same with the triangles 2 corners seam to function properly tho one did not inset. Could this be due to the way they whete created using 2 sides as one group and the other side for the Polly bridge and if so what can be done to solve this.

Have not tried the rectangles yet but will be doing it soon just at work and decided to start up the post from my phone and see if I got any bites. Thx much for any help anyone can be.

Apparently am going to have to add picture latter. Will. Be home tonight to do so . if the other image shows it is the object type I'm trying to create.

Attachments:
FB_IMG_1494101374387.jpg (22.3 KB)

11 posts
Current progress

Attachments:
FB_IMG_1494103616630.jpg (49.8 KB)

11 posts
also have checked now and the rectangles also work proper so its just the triangles. Still working through trying different things.
11 posts
Figured it out. Instead had to use the poly-fill and set it to single polygon and seams to work so far. will put up a finished picture if anyone is interested in the finished tho doubt that is the case. thx anyways community
  • Quick Links