Vintage SideFx Houdini Voice CHOPS Tutorial

2834   2   1
148 posts
I found this during an Internet search landing at Digital Cinema Arts download archives. Its from Houdini 1999 but still accurate for voice CHOPS. Voice CHOPS work and are excellent once one understands how they function and should be used. This old SideFx tutorial document is dated but it is still accurate and explains how to use voice CHOPS. Some of the Houdini terminology and menus are a little different. I could not find the example but it doesn't matter. If you are Houdini CHOPS savvy and want information on how to use the voice CHOPS this tutorial is excellent. I am submitting this to SESI in the hopes they can extract the jewels of knowledge from this document and integrate it with current voice CHOP documentation, including providing the simple example as part of the current live Houdini documentation.

VR

Lars Wood

Attachments:
chops_voiceCHOP.pdf (198.4 KB)

Lars Wood
Future Vision Guide
Advanced Research And Development
3 posts
I am not yet conversant enough with Houdini to be able to take that pdf tutorial and use it as a basis for creating a setup using the voicesync and voicesplit CHOPs. It appears you have been able to do so. Would you be willing to share your file so I can see how you did it?
148 posts
larrygj
I am not yet conversant enough with Houdini to be able to take that pdf tutorial and use it as a basis for creating a setup using the voicesync and voicesplit CHOPs. It appears you have been able to do so. Would you be willing to share your file so I can see how you did it?

Yes, I did a lot of work with the voice CHOPS. They are at first tricky to use. I will have to look at my files since I have not worked with it beyond the proof of concept I was doing for another application.
Lars Wood
Future Vision Guide
Advanced Research And Development
  • Quick Links