Maya unable to read the colormap parameter in pointvop_ray.

1859   2   1
11 posts
I'm working on an HDA that will be utilized in Maya, and I've created a pointcloud that gets masking data for the Cd from a texture inside of a pointvop_ray node. In the cmap field of the colormap node I entered `chs(“../masktexture”)` which is the channel for the user to input the texture to. This works fine in Houdini, but when I bring the HDA into Maya, the string is lost and the HDA doesn't work as intended. I've tried creating a string attribute in vex and storing the channel information there: s@maskmap = chs(“../masktexture”);

However, this also does not work. When I debug back to houdini, the path to maskmap attribute is correct (looking at the string stored on the points) however, there appears to be some kind of disconnect because the points are not receiving the Cd from the maskmap attribute(which is bound to the cmap field of the colormap node in the pointvop).

Any ideas to get the colormap in the vop to point to a channel so it works in both maya and houdini?
Is this a bug for the Houdini engine for Maya?

EDIT:
Here's an HDA to showcase the issue. The tool expects a plane in the ZY plane that has UVs already, and also expects a black and white mask(I suppose any texture would do really). It will work in houdini fine. When you bring it into maya, it will still create the mesh but it behaves as if the string is empty?
Any ideas?
Edited by tmishler - Feb. 21, 2018 17:02:20

Attachments:
tmishler_geo1.hda (32.4 KB)

146 posts
The UV's coming in from Maya are in a vertex attribute, the example asset looks like the ray node is only expecting point UVs, so the pointvop_ray isn't seeing any incoming UVs and the colormap just evaluates at 0,0. If I add uv in to the vertex attrs to be imported as well it seems to work
11 posts
Ah, of course I would do something like that. Thank you!
  • Quick Links