Exporting particles to alembic that have geo(renderable)

760   0   1
12 posts
Hello,
I'm looking to export particles to alembic while maintaining their attributes, but also giving each particle a mesh that is renderable in another software package(modified build of blender).
So far my setup is the firework pop shelf and the instance geo pop shelf tool. Attached is a hip file with this setup.

In the DOP I/O I've tried to export using the alembic rop. If I do that it will only export the particles, not the instanced geo. If I include an instance node before the rop alembic, in viewport it looks like it is working, but when you export it it puts each instanced in it's own object and it appears to strip away attributes.

My end goal of what I would like is an alembic file that are tiny spheres that represent the particles and has attributes, specifically age attached to each sphere(particle). Also it would import in other software packages as one alembic object and not multiple objects.

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me! I understand what I'm asking may be specific.. But I am under quite a bit of constraints as to how I can do things.

Thank you again!
Cheers,
Jyota

Attachments:
fireworks_abc.hip (391.3 KB)

• Quick Links