Render Node Other Outputs Error

7107   1   3
11 posts
Hey Everyone,

I'm using Apprentice 9.1.179 and I'm running a cloth simulation and would like to output the simulation to files using the dynamics render output node. I have a simple scene set up with the simulation running fine and a mantra output node which allows me to render fine. I then go to Render>Create Render Node>Other Output Nodes and select Dynamics. Dynamics or any of the “Other Output Nodes” gives a Houdini error window that has the text that I've added at the bottom of this post.

So I can think of three reasons for this:
1) Being Apprentice, these render nodes are not available to us.
2) There is a bug.
3) I'm doing something wrong.

I've scanned through the changes since 9.1.179 and nothing jumped out at me so I'm not sure how to proceed. I've also searched the forums for some key words but nothing popped up (but a link to any relevant threads would be certainly welcome).

The error:

An error occured while executing menu Python script.
The attempted operation failed.
Invalid node type name

Details:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “CROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.179/houdini/scripts/menu/create_rop.py”, line 11, in <module> rop = hou.node('/out').createNode(rop_type)
File “CROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.179/houdini/scripts/python\hou.py”, line 7120, in createNode
return _hou.Node_createNode(*args, **kwargs) OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Invalid node type name
36 posts
I have the same problem. Tried on latest Houdini 16.5.496 and Redshift 2.6.12

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Redshift”, line 1, in <module>
File “/Applications/Houdini/Houdini16.5.496/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/16.5.496/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/roptoolutils.py”, line 9, in createRenderNode
rop = hou.node('/out').createNode(rop_type, exact_type_name=True)
File “/Applications/Houdini/Houdini16.5.496/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/16.5.496/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/houpythonportion.py”, line 3262, in decorator
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/Applications/Houdini/Houdini16.5.496/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/16.5.496/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/hou.py”, line 7697, in createNode
return _hou.Node_createNode(*args, **kwargs)
OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Invalid node type name
  • Quick Links