possible to reassign polybevel mousewheel? houdini modeling needs to be wacom friendly

1544   1   2
6 posts
Normally mouse wheel scrolling changes polybevel width, but I use a wacom tablet for modeling.

Is there any way to reassign mouse wheel to mmb? and mmb functionality to shift+mmb????

All the tools take advantage of mouse wheel, it's pretty slow to a modeling workflow to constantly go to the top of the screen to change attributes.

The modeling tools are more than capable in Houdini, but selection workflows (select multiple ring and edge loops in a single click) and tool ux is needs a bit more tweaking. (Just make it wacom friendly actually). I'd really like to switch over.
4189 posts
dseeni
All the tools take advantage of mouse wheel, it's pretty slow to a modeling workflow to constantly go to the top of the screen to change attributes.

If you map the rocker button on the wacom pen to MMB then the viewport handle sliders work anywhere over viewport… so for bevel you would drag the invisible label next to the slider to the viewport. Not sure how to save that as a default though.

dseeni
The modeling tools are more than capable in Houdini, but selection workflows (select multiple ring and edge loops in a single click) and tool ux is needs a bit more tweaking. (Just make it wacom friendly actually). I'd really like to switch ov

shift+a+MMB does this already.
Edited by anon_user_37409885 - Nov. 6, 2018 18:28:15

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 10.19.51 am.png (630.9 KB)

• Quick Links