Lost the full help tooltip popup. How to get it back?

1850   3   0
25 posts
I dont believe i changed any settings, but i used to get a full help tooltip after mousing over a VEX function or waiting a sec while typing it out. Now i just get the little “Press F1 for more help” message.

How did i lose that full tooltip and how do i get it back, it was really useful! Nice not having to jump into the full help window every time.

Or does it just not work in the expression editor? This is what i was looking for, but it only seems to work on attributes/values:
Edited by proximo - Dec. 23, 2019 15:45:07

Attachments:
help.png (19.9 KB)
help2.png (53.5 KB)

22 posts
proximo
I dont believe i changed any settings, but i used to get a full help tooltip after mousing over a VEX function or waiting a sec while typing it out. Now i just get the little “Press F1 for more help” message.
Image Not Found

How did i lose that full tooltip and how do i get it back, it was really useful! Nice not having to jump into the full help window every time.

Or does it just not work in the expression editor? This is what i was looking for, but it only seems to work on attributes/values:
Image Not Found
Try to press Ctrl+Space after the opening “(”. For example: realuv( << here press Ctrl+Space. Then the tooltip should emerge.
Edited by houGenie - Dec. 23, 2019 18:13:26
7813 posts
I don't think that extended tooltip exists for vex functions in recent versions prior to 18 (where signature help was added). I remember there being one around v12 or so but it went away.
25 posts
seems like i had seen it popup with vex expressions before, but maybe i was just thinking of the attribute and value help i get in the 2nd image.

i'll try that ctrl+space though, thanks!
  • Quick Links