High DPI screen and normal DPI dual screens, how to make UI scaling consistent

2940   8   2
1 posts
This is something that seems to have been introduced in 17.5…

I'm working on a high DPI screen (mac) with a second screen which is normal resolution.

The UI scaling on the main, high DPI screen is perfect, but when I open a new floating window and drag it to the second screen, the UI is twice the normal size.

I realise that there's a pref under the General User Interface drop down where the Global UI Scale is set to 2 by default. Whilst this works fine for the high DPI screen, it's not workable on the second screen.

Is there any way around this? In r17.0 this wasn't the default behaviour, the UI scaled fine on both the high and normal DPI screens automatically.
26 posts
This is still an issue in 18.5. I would like to be able to use Houdini on both monitors, but I'm not able to read both comfortably. Can Houdini just detect the high DPI screen, and automatically scale on only that screen?
Scott Peterson, Machine Learning Graphics Engineer, Unity
23 posts
yeah, same problem here in 18.5.596 on macOS 11.4 - very sad. OI have 4 displays. 3x normal and 1x 4K with scaling, but I can't use all 4 displays, only the main one SIDEFX please fix this!
Edited by Teress - July 4, 2021 08:24:43
2 posts
having the same issue, please add this
20 posts
Same here.
7 posts
Would be great to get some dev comment on this.

Any chance of being able to set floating panels to a custom scale?
23 posts
It's been 5 years since this issue was raised, but SideFX officials don't seem to have noticed it yet.
For me, this issue has had a big impact, causing the amount of content I can display on a small screen to become very small.
Edited by misakacirno - July 18, 2023 03:03:03
7 posts
yeah i'm still cursing this daily. it's not just different resolutions but even the same res on different screen sizes is madness (ie 4k 32" screens with a 4k 16" wacom)

that is hasn't been fixed already leads me to believe it can't be without some major change to, uh, the window serving system or whatever
Edited by tomwcutler - July 18, 2023 06:05:21
5 posts
Still a problem, pretty anoying… I have made a RFE, let’s hope it will bump this feature up the dev ladder
  • Quick Links