Melting animation not working correctly

634   0   1
3 posts
Hi all!

I'm tring to recreate the tutorial made by Entagma on how to melt objects (tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3W-S0EW9xw&t=1146s) but I'm encountering an issue:

It all works fine at a low resolution (particle separation of > 0.02), so the mesh is "fixed" untill it reaches the desired temperature and then it melts; the problem emerges when you try to go higher in the resolution (p. separation < 0.01).

The mesh melts correctly but it isn't "static" up to that point, instead it sort of collapses like the viscosity isn't high enough anymore...

I've tried pretty much anything but nothing seems to work, the only solution I found was to use i@stopped = 1 when the temperature is < 0.1, but doing so isn't optimal because it prevents the action of gravity on the particles not "awaken" keeping them suspended mid air if the one belows them have melted.

Reading the comments under the tutorial and on their fourm seems that I'm not the only one with this problem.

You can download the file directly from the tutorial and try to increase the resolution.
  • Quick Links