Getting a Handle on...Handles

862   1   1
86 posts
Hello all.

I've been going down the list of built-in handles in Houdini, trying to understand how they all work, connect to parameters, etc. However I'm finding they're not incredibly well documented, and am constantly running into walls trying to use them and not finding answers in the documentation. And so humbly turn to you, the Houdini community, to help me navigate these murky waters.

First up - I'm looking at the angle handle, and I notice one of the bindable parameters is p - which I have decided stands for "pivot" since there's nothing else to tell me otherwise. If I update the "p" parameter on a node with said handle, I can see that the gadget in the viewport becomes offset from the value of the t parameter. My question is - is there a gadget connected to p that I can manipulate in the viewport?

On other handles, such as the xform, you can use the " hotkey in the viewport to enter pivot mode, but that doesn't seem to work for the angle handle.

For the above question and all future ones, I'll be attaching an example hda file. In this case I'm experimenting with the HandleDemo_Angle LOP.
Edited by chendryx - July 11, 2022 22:45:18

Attachments:
HandleDemo.hda (53.2 KB)

438 posts
Bump. This confused me for a long time and I still don't really understand the handles.
  • Quick Links