Mantra Custom Bump AOV for Nuke

483   1   0
5 posts
Hi!

In Mantra - I just studied how to create custom passes and this next thing came to my mind. I need to create a bump pass for Nuke where I then can apply that bump pass (using stmap) to texture. There are few options ready in Mantra, AOVs, like N and Nt but they really do not work as expected in Nuke. I am using this method Josh Parks is using in his youtube tutorial video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRNAD6WHdjs).

I know this requires a bit of understanding about differences between normal- and bump maps so I tried to use this Nt pass in Nuke. I basically copied the red channel and piped it to alpha, but this did not work in Nuke.

So I am basically asking how to create this bump pass mentioned above for the Nuke. (and using the workflow John Parks mentioned) ?

Thanks for advance and cheers!

Yours,
Janne Sopanen
5 posts
More
----

I forgot to mention, the reason why this is not working inside Nuke is when I adjust rotation values (for example) in my axis-node, my alpha channel is not reacting to it. (alpha channel, or the bumps, are not changing while i adjust rotation values (for x, y and z) inside the axis node in Nuke)

Thanks!
Edited by jannesopanen - Nov. 29, 2023 13:01:08
  • Quick Links