kudos to sidefx.

5221   1   1
53 posts
well it seems like version 6 is probably the most stable version yet that ive used. ( ever since 4 ) used it back on irix several years ago and it would hang atleast a few times a day. ever since then i been following the apprentice program and played around with 5.5 ( on windows ) which was rather unstable as well, the early beta of 6 was a bit better than 5.5 but would still crash every now and then for no apparent reason. ( sometimes deleting a subnet at object level would crash houdini.. but the final of 6 seems to be doign very well in the last few days. havent had 1 crash yet!! keep up the amazing work!. looks like the public beta program has paid off.
-m-k-
48 posts
I've been using Houdini on Win2k pretty regularly since the NC version has been available. I've had houdini crash on me only once while rendering a particle simulation. Maybe I've been lucky, or maybe I happen to have just the right hardware/software environment for houdini. But I am very pleased as well, with the great features/improvements/tightening of the software.

Good job guys and gals.
  • Quick Links