particle tab in point sop

4284   6   0
16 posts
I am trying to use particle tab in point sop to add velocity to the particle from the pop network. but it really does not change the velocity at all. I could change the $PSCALE based on the $LIFE. I could use velocity pop in the pop network. but I am just trying to mess around the point sop with particle.am I using it wrong way?
Thanks.
50 posts
that depends how are you using it?
“Don't just look for what you think you will find”

-That CSI guy
50 posts
that depends how are you using it?
“Don't just look for what you think you will find”

-That CSI guy
1145 posts
Put the point sop before the Popnetwork sop.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
16 posts
thanks for reply. yes. it worked when I put the point sop before the pop network. but that is the rule to use particle attribute in point sop all the time? can't you use after the pop? I dont understand why it works like that.
3 posts
when you place the point sop after a pop network you're only modifying the velocity attribute the pop net created. the particle motion is not affected because this information doesn't go back up the network to the pop sop.

changing the velocity of points after a popnet does affect other things such as the way the points are motion blurred at render time. with this you can have really slow moving points appear blurred as though they were traveling very quickly, or fast moving objects that have no motion blur at all.
16 posts
Now I understand what's going on. that's cool to know that you can change the way motion blur affect by velocity after the pop. thanks, Jack_Zaloga.
  • Quick Links