How to setup DOPS scale?

4777   3   1
25 posts
Hi all, I am doing a dops simulation, but the result look very slow-motion, is there anyway to “scale” the scene down? I try setting the unit setup to something like centimeter, but it make no difference to the simulation. Could someone give me a pointer on the proper workflow regarding this?

(Another little thing is that is the “Play every frame, but never faster than FPS” option in the Global Animation Options works? It seems it do play faster than FPS even a check this option.)

Thanks.
537 posts
You could put everything in groups … merge them, scale them, then extract the groups before the sim.

Or, you could Adjust the Edit/Preferences/Hip file options
25 posts
andrewlowell
You could put everything in groups … merge them, scale them, then extract the groups before the sim.

Or, you could Adjust the Edit/Preferences/Hip file options

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did try changing the unit setting in hip file options, I even change it to rather extreme (like 0.001) just hoping to see the difference and get rid of the slow-motion animation, but there is no difference whatsoever. Is there some extra things I need to do?
25 posts
Hi again, It seems that I need to recreate the DOPS network after changing the unit setup in order for the unit to take effects. Not very convenient, it would be nice if there is some kind of reset opiton. Well at least I could make it work now.

Thanks again.
  • Quick Links