Houdini won't run for me.

   5358   2   2
User Avatar
Member
87 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
This just started for me. I can't start Houdini. If I reinstall it it runs fine till I reboot my computer, then when I try to run it I get the splash screen and a window pops up too fast to read and nothing.
User Avatar
Member
1634 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
Hi there,

Can you please provide more information about your system configuration? Hardware eg graphics card, CPU, RAM? OS eg Windows 2000/XP, Linux, Solaris, Irix?

Also, did you change any configuration on your machine recently? Installed any drivers etc? Installed any new software?

Can you please go to Start -> Programs -> Side Effects Software and start the License Administrator? In the License Administrator, go to View -> Diagnostic Information, save the information and post it here?

Thanks!

Cheers!
steven
User Avatar
Member
1 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
With ref to the below and Harlequin's same message Sun 7/13 i have run into same problem

at any Houdini module start up License administrator searches for connection - clicks out without sending anything and screens close - in houdini License Administrator Diagnostics Output the pertinent line is as follows:

Using standalone mode: Yes

Warning No valid server lines found

as a connection is not made from the software that is understandable - but like harlequin I have gone through uninstall and install and nothing changes - whether the software is downloaded from the site or from the CD I have

your response is appreciated

regards

Dali

stevenong
Hi there,

Can you please provide more information about your system configuration? Hardware eg graphics card, CPU, RAM? OS eg Windows 2000/XP, Linux, Solaris, Irix?

Also, did you change any configuration on your machine recently? Installed any drivers etc? Installed any new software?

Can you please go to Start -> Programs -> Side Effects Software and start the License Administrator? In the License Administrator, go to View -> Diagnostic Information, save the information and post it here?

Thanks!

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links