Coloured edges

4374   6   1
5 posts
I have a problem. I am using Houdini 6 apprentice. When i model the edges of my model are always multicloured and often some are invisible.

See the image below

I really annoys me when i am modelling.
If anyone knows how to fix it i would really appreciate it

http://members.optushome.com.au/iperez/temp/problem_pic.jpg [members.optushome.com.au]
1631 posts
Hi there,

It would help if you provide more information about your system's configuration, for example, OS, CPU and graphics card.

Also, can you save the hip file, zip it up and upload it to the web site as well? Please also provide the steps necessary to reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

Cheers!
steven
5 posts
Hi there,

It would help if you provide more information about your system's configuration, for example, OS, CPU and graphics card.

Also, can you save the hip file, zip it up and upload it to the web site as well? Please also provide the steps necessary to reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

Cheers!
steven

I am running windows 200 professional. With dual 1800 mp AMD CPU's and a a radien ati graphics card.

To create the picture all that was done was place a box in the scene and hit W for wire frame mode.

the hip file will be at
http://members.optushome.com.au/iperez/temp/boxhip.zip [members.optushome.com.au]

Regards
Ilan

To create the linked picture all i did was create a box and stectch it and place it in wireframe mode…it is as simple as that.

in anycase the hip file will be at
5 posts
In addition to creating the problem…

1go into a sop mode
2create a box
3select polygon mesh
4go into object mode
5change view to wireframe mode
6deselect the cube.

Ilan
1631 posts
Hi Ilan,

The Radeon card you're using is not officially supported to run Houdini. However, I would suggest upgrading to the latest graphics drivers and then try Houdini again.

My screen capture with a Nvidia card.

Cheers!
steven
5 posts
You weere right my firend

I updated my drivers and everything is okay now

Ilan
1631 posts
Hey Ilan,

That's good to hear. You have fun with Houdini now.

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links