could or did mac update to 10.5.6 kill houdini?

3534   3   1
15 posts
anyone else have this update run?
anyone else gettng a lot of fatal error crashes?
7 posts
Hello. YES, something strange is going on. I first noticed that when I render, mplay pops up and starts to render then it stops, when I click on the mplay window it continues to render fine, but when I quit mplay or just switch back to houdini, Houdini does not respond and my CPU usage keeps going like it is still rendering.
So I uninstalled Houdini then installed the latest build, now when Houdini starts Safari comes up and loads the Houdini geting started page fine but when I click off it to go back to Houdini nothing happens my CPU usage is being hammered again and I have to force quit Houdini!
Does anyone know what is going on.

thanks
15 posts
to see whether it was a mac thing or not.. I ventured down a dark road last night and made my MBP a dual boot system and installed Ubuntu.
A few very quick trials and it appears to be working much better in the linux environment. I'll try and do a bit more testing today.
I would love to go back to a single environment.
1145 posts
A bit off topic regarding the problem, but use Virtualbox to setup alternate OS's for testing. It's very efficient and straightforward to setup.

Since you're on a Mac you'll have the best of all worlds, since you'll be able to run any other OS.
None of the virtual machine app's. have a means to run Mac.
I'm using ubuntu and can run any other OS, except for OSX.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
  • Quick Links