my first render =)!!!!

10345   3   0
617 posts
OK, after a lot of tips from the forum, and reading A LOT! of Houdini help files, this is my first render with some displacements, some of this was model in Houdini and exported to z brush, and the UV was done in Modo, i haven't done the color maps yet.

is done using micro displacement, some of the geometry is dice up to lvl 6, the displacement height was set to 33.33 (don't know why it change from the suppose 2.2 alpha depth factor bake into the file, so i eye ball it)

i try the render with physical render and was very nice, but the values of the lights change a lot, since i was learning the different from the type of render i leave this one to learn at the end.

Attachments:
Houdini_Monito.jpg (45.5 KB)

617 posts
i just did a small turn around of the character, took like 30 min each Frame in a 4core computer, don't know if is because the displacements each part of the body use a displacement 32bits that is just like 16 megs.

Attachments:
Monito.mov (569.3 KB)

1145 posts
He's a handsome fellow.

Your scale must be very large to need a displacement value that big.

Have you tried the UVpelt sop for your uv'ing? Not that there is anything wrong with modo, it would just save moving to yet another software for a task.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
617 posts
Hi probbins since i start this project inside zbrush, wanted to learn the integration for the studio with that application, and at the same time learn Houdini for me, personal challenge i guess.

since there is no global scale in zbrush, when you model in that application, doesn't deal with units like we know in other programs, if you start directly form z brush the objects will be HUGE and we need to re size it and also the alpha depth factor, (simple math, double size of the model, double size of the alpha depth factor) nothing hard.

next time i will start in a program with metric scale and then to z brush.

some little fixes i did in Houdini, like the lock on the chest.

in previews post i was doing a book and got help from the community regarding uv mapping and from the tutorial on the side effect who unwrap a little bird still getting there .

i have no idea who is the character, is one of my boss toys that he have around. i will ask him later. and i still need to paint the texture.
  • Quick Links