Sidefx blaming Apple over Bug in Snow Leopard. Its Not Right

16132   23   3
22 posts
rmagee
Houdini_Apprentice09
How can you possibly state that it is fixed, when the only time you can get the DAILY VERSION RELEASES is when you are logged in as a fourm member? It clearly hasn't been changed so non fourm writers can access the latest build and SEE the fixes!

Actually if you go to this page:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_download&task=apprentice&Itemid=277 [sidefx.com]

you have access to the latest production build which was updated yesterday. (build 10.0.465). Of course it looks like you are registered as a forum member so you must have already tried one of these builds. Are your SL problems taken care of now or are you still having issues?

Robert

PS - Please clean up the foul language in your posts or they will be deleted.

The graphics card issue is in order however…

(I hope you will understand this)

When installing the latest build ON TOP of 10.0.430 with MANUALLY adjusted permissions = fantastic, 100% complete installation; no major bugs.

However:

When installing latest build AS A CLEAN INSTALL (no other Houdini versions prior installed, fresh copy of SL) Permissions problem still exists and needs to be repaired manually.
- 2009 MacBook Pro 15” Display, NVIDIA 9400M + 9600MGT Graphics, 3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo, 500 GB HDD 7200 RPM
27 posts
I will watch this closely.
27 posts
I now have 465 and so far so good.
3 posts
emeek77
Are you telling me a user found a fix and sidefx couldn't? What a joke. If every other 3d app i own works and houdini dont. ITS NOT APPLES FAULT. And if it is, FIX IT!! Dont wait on them. It has to be the way houdini is written. And if they cant fix a problem having to do with permissions they cant fix anything. All I did was change permissions AND THEY CANT FIX IT? THEY BLAME APPLE FOR A PERMISSION PROBLEM? Funny, Modo, Cinema 4d or Maya didnt have that problem on SL. But I guess its apples fault. We have bee strugling with this for ever and you guys wouldnt help. Finally someone came to the rescue but it wasnt sidefx and its PATHETIC. Whayt if i had paid 8 grand for this…

Oh dear…

Thats what you get for ripping off so many tutorials, and claiming them as your own…

:roll:
Red Hat Fedora 12 | Intel Core2Quad | Geforce 9600GT 2GB VRAM | 4GB RAM

Freelance FX Technical Director | www.ParticleFlow.net
  • Quick Links