No icons in Houdini

26149   23   6
154 posts
queglay
how do i enter that code? sorry im pretty new to macs.

Run the application /Applications/Utilities/Terminal

That's how you start up a “UNIX shell”. That command is a unix command. Just past it in and hit return. You will be asked for your password.

Note that your username is the name that's beside the house icon on the left side of the Finder.

Hope that helps!
150 posts
thanks. i get the error, no such file or directory. i can't seem to find that path so im not sure where to refer it to.
https://openfirehawk.com/ [openfirehawk.com]
Support Open Firehawk - An open source cloud rendering project for Houdini on Patreon.
This project's goal is to provide an open source framework for cloud computing for heavy FX based workflows and allows end users to pay the lowest possible price for cloud resources.
154 posts
queglay
thanks. i get the error, no such file or directory. i can't seem to find that path so im not sure where to refer it to.

The ~ refers to your home directory. So ~/Library/Preferences/houdini would be under your home directory.

Anyway, just try installing the latest version of Houdini from the link I gave above and see how it goes.
5 posts
Hi,

I have had this problem many times so far as well (on Vista, Win7 and with Houdini 9.5 and 10 versions).

One minute everything works fine and then you restart Houdini and all the icons are blank/gone.

I've always wondered if it was a challenge set by Sesi on our memory .

However, in my cases it has always been a case of a corrupted SVGIcons.cache file, which on Windows is in your "Users\\Documents\houdini\config\Icons"

Deleting/renaming it and running Houdini forces a rebuild and so far has fixed it for me

cheers
Ron
  • Quick Links