Mouse locking up

3474   2   1
18 posts
So far this has only happened while running Houdini apprentice ver. 6.1.208.

My system: k2m2 combo board, athlon 1.8 xp, 512m ddr, pny g-force fx with 2 compaq cv735 monitors and a microsoft usb intellimouse, XP PRO.

So far this has happened 5 times, each time I have had other things running also, IE internet explorer or WMP9 (watching tutorials).

The only way I could get control of the mouse when it locked up was to unplug it and plug it back in.
I am not sure if this related to houdini or not but thought I would post a notification.

Checking my system and may reinstall OS.
Thanks.
47 posts
this may or may not help - USB devices use some cpu cycles and if it's noticeable it's when the cpu is under load. for example a USB ADSL modem may lose the connection when the CPU is being hammered. if you have one of the USB->PS/2 adapters that come with most mice try that…
47 posts
this may or may not help - USB devices use some cpu cycles and if it's noticeable it's when the cpu is under load. for example a USB ADSL modem may lose the connection when the CPU is being hammered. if you have one of the USB->PS/2 adapters that come with most mice try that…
  • Quick Links