omsbind

3219   6   0
665 posts
Besides this being the most singly confusing yet, possibly powerful Hscript command I've seen. Well, I just can't seem to get it to work properly…

I have a node I'm setting up with a parameter called ‘idList’ that I would like to have the point numbers I input added to it.

I'm currently using the line below to create it's input, but this doesn't seem to be all I had hoped for.
omsbind -t sop fs_pointIdTracker_v3:idList points “Id List” “Select Points to be listed” 0 0 all 0 “*” 1

The ideal behaviour for the node would be something along the lines of the Group SOP and how it picks points for grouping. Are there any tips/tricks to help me out?

cheers,
-j
7734 posts
Do you mean picking points from the viewer? The best way to do that is to create a shelf tool. Some info on how to do this can be found on this website under Learning > Tutorials > Technical Papers. Direct link here [sidefx.com].
665 posts
Hi Edward,

Thanks for the quick reply. My only concern is can I lay down my HDA in the network, and then do a ‘reselect’ in the viewer with a Shelf Tool? Or would that have to be a new operation?

thanks,
-j
7734 posts
Yeah, I don't think reselection works with the python stuff yet.

For some examples of omsbind, you might want to check out $HH/OPbindings. YMMV.
665 posts
Hi Edward,

I didn't know about this OPbindings file, it looks promising! Currently we have on located at the Studio level.

From all the ‘omsbind’ operations I would have expected one to be placed in my $HOME but I can't seem to locate any new files like OPbindings.

Is this a file I can create and have automatically picked up, or is all the ‘omsbind’ invisible once it's been run?

thanks again!
-j
7734 posts
No, I think you have to modify the site-wide one if you want to change OPbindings. However, it points to some values you might wish to use with omsbind. In particular, the bindselector stuff.
665 posts
Now I know this might seem like crazy talk. But is there anyway to attach a callback script to ‘omsbind’ or somehow link something up in the OPbindings file?

Alternatively, I guess a more robust shelf tool?

thanks!
-j
  • Quick Links