http//digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/csound/

The File Out CHOP
http//digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/file_out/

–Mark
========================================================
You are no age between space
7 posts
Hello
First thanks very much for working on this.
I was wondering when you think this part of
this project will be implemented?

“NOTE: The CHOP CSound score generator extension creates CSound score files which then are used by csound to create the actual audio file. The next phase of the project will have the CSound operators built-in to Houdini in such a fashion to allow audio generation without using CSound externally from Houdini.”

Wasn't sure looking at your site.
Thanks for your time.
543 posts
dsamiran
Hello
I was wondering when you think this part of
this project will be implemented?

“NOTE The CHOP CSound score generator extension creates CSound score files which then are used by csound to create the actual audio file. The next phase of the project will have the CSound operators built-in to Houdini in such a fashion to allow audio generation without using CSound externally from Houdini.”

Greetings,

That's all in progress, but I've come to realize that it may be better to actually write the opcodes almost entirely from scratch. My hopes were to build an interface to the CSound library that would have each opcode in Houdini be a CHOP, and the “signals” would simply be “piped” in and out of the CSound code and back into Houdini. While that's feasible, it's not the best approach because of the lack of flexibilty in CSound's underlying design and code, as opposed to Houdini.

There a more fundamental problems which can be best illustrated by the fact that the score generator CHOP has to take all of it's incoming channels (signals) and format them to a very “linear” data set, the csound score file format; that's not the way a Houdini artist works, and breaks the whole idea.

If you're familiar enough with Houdini, and it's method of proceduralism, it follows quite naturally to build sound synthesis modules in the same manner, similar to Capybara, or Kyma, from Symbolic Sound. http//www.symbolicsound.com/

One way or another, I'm going to build these audio synthesis components for Houdini; I see Houdini as not only a great 3D tool, but as a powerful visual programming tool, which can be applied to a variety of applications, not just visual images.

–Mark
========================================================
You are no age between space
7 posts
Thanks for the update and information.
I'am looking forward to what you come up with,
it would enhance the creative possibilities that
Houdini has to offer.
  • Quick Links