houdini don't close

6096   10   1
20 posts
hello, i am new here !
and houdini is very cool, il like this soft.
but when i want to close houdini, he don't want to close. houdini bug, when i close.
can you help me, please, thank you so much !

igears
1634 posts
Hi,

First of all, welcome to the forum!

It would help if you can post more details about the OS (Win32/64, Linux or OS X), graphics card (Nvidia or ATI) and the Houdini version (9.5.???).

When you try to close Houdini, you should get a dialog asking whether you want to Save And Quit, Discard And Quit or Cancel. Maybe you set Houdini to be always on top & the dialog is hidden behind?

When you start a new Houdini session, you should be able to close it immediately without you doing anything. Does that work?

Cheers!
steven
20 posts
it's ok ! so my system is windows xp 32 bits sp2 and i have a xfx 8800 gt.
and i haven't got a dialog asking whether you want to Save And Quit, Discard And Quit or Cancel, he bug immediately. and when i open a scene and closed just after, houdini bug !!
6 posts
I seriously believe it has something to do with memory or ram BUT I might be wrong. I had the same issue as you before. But i discover that, when i closes all my internet explorer, firefox or Chrome( yes, i use chrome) the whole houdini runs smoothly. It will close properly, make a new scene smoothly. I believe that it should be something due to the ram memory. Most probably it would not happen in windows 64bit, in 32 bit, this kind of issue happens often. Even in ubuntu 32 bit. Try closing all programs and run Houdini alone. See if it works. If not, post again, and we shall see.

regards,
-ray
20 posts
i have try to do that, and houdini bug yet !
6 posts
so you meant it is not working?

-ray
20 posts
I can work with houdini, make a scene. but when i want to close houdini, houdini bug, and i have to use Ctrl Alt Sup for close houdini, because he bug.
20 posts
I have upgrade my nvidia drivers ! i have a last driver, and my houdini bug !
866 posts
I have the same bug.
--
Jobless
1 posts
igears
I have upgrade my nvidia drivers ! i have a last driver, and my houdini bug !

Hi,
I had the same problems,
but supplying my Windows OS (XP 32 Bit) with the latest (Windows)Updates helped a lot and stabelized Houdini,
sometimes when nothing seems to hapen you have to click somewhere in Houdini what pops the window to the front.

Cheers folks
15 posts
I am also having the same issues with being able to close this program. And have been unable to come to a solution.

see:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=74330#74330 [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links